More than 300 million people speak French on the five continents and the capacity to communicate in French and English is an advantage in the international job market.
Learning French can be very valuable for landing a job to advancing your career in so many sectors. That said, the best way to learn French is with an online course.
Why Learn French in the USA?
According to the US Census Bureau, French is the third most spoken language in the US other than English .
American companies have over 2,000 subsidiaries in France and more than 800,000 positions in the US require French. Significant partnerships with central command or auxiliaries in the United States and France incorporate Du Pont, Hewlett-Packard, Xerox, Apple Computer, Michelin, Renault, Bic, and some more .
Today, online classes are an excellent way to learn a new language, but finding the right online French classes can be a little tricky. For this, you have to find a good teaching site and then find a course that fits your needs. Once you have found an ideal online course for you, then learning you will be ready to get started. Remember that the best results are only guaranteed with your involvement and practice.
Benefits of Learning French online
Here are some benefits of learning French online:
- Confidence: Taking online lectures makes you feel more confident in learning new languages. You can practice at your own pace without fear of being embarrassed in a physical location.
- Customized lessons. One of the greatest advantages of online learning is customised lectures. Your teacher observes your progress and guides you according to your needs and goals in language learning.
- Intensive practice. In online learning, you have the chance to enhance all of your four language skills. The teacher interacts with the student in a way that provides him with enough opportunities to listen, speak, read, and write in Spanish which allows a better understanding.
- Access to unlimited resources: You can use different videos, podcasts, readings, and even grammar exercises as part of the lesson. It will motivate you and enhance your learning.
- Familiarization with the French: Online French learning allows you to connect with French people around the world. Having discussions with native French speakers and letting yourself learn about French culture will help you a lot in improving your language skills.>
4 Recommended Online French Classes
1) Rocket French
This is one of the more structured and comprehensive courses, Rocket French works on all angles of language acquisition: Perfect your accent, your listening skills, and your retention of what you learn.
It has you concealed from complete amateur to sensibly progressed, with enough tools and educating in each level to challenge you for quite a while.
It works for different learning styles and helps fabricate all your language muscles: listening, reading, writing, speaking, and recall.
Berlitz will submerge you totally in the language and culture to guarantee you won’t just comprehend the language, yet will have the option to utilize it in any social, expert or scholarly setting. Regardless of whether you are hoping to learn French for business, travel, or similarly as a hobby, Berlitz will help you achieve your goals.
The Italki website lists more than 900 French tutors from all over the world. The website contains everything you need to know including your tutor’s location, their availability, the price per lesson, and other languages they speak.
Teachers here are certified professionals and have experience with language acquisition. The community tutors are native speakers of French who can help you informally through conversation. The tuition fee varies for each tutor, but you can start from $4 per hour.
4) Live Lengua
Live Lingua is an online tutoring service. They offer 11 different languages. If you’re looking to learn French, they can match you with a professional online French teacher to teach you one-on-one.
All of the teachers have university degrees. Most of them come from France. You can visit their website, enter your information, and get a customized curriculum based on your goals and learning needs. Live Lingua offers a wide variety of courses in French from standard French lessons to specialized lessons, such as French for Tourists and much more.
You can take your classes via Skype. The tuition fee starts at about $11 per hour. Live Lingua also offers a 1-hour trial class.
Online French tutoring services have a wide range of costs, depending on the organizations that provide the service, but mostly depending on the tutor selected. Some tutors located in other countries have more affordable rates.
On the other hand, experienced tutors with extensive qualifications may charge hundreds of dollars per lesson. Do your research online to find a tutor according to your budget.
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires étrangères. (n.d.). 10 good reasons for learning French.
- The University Of Virginia. (n.d.). Why Study French?
- Alliance Française de Milwaukee. (2019, March 26). Why Learn French? – L Alliance Française.
- “Learn a Language Online.” Italki.
- Live Lingua – Online Language School. French Tutors Online: Live Lingua.
- Meiners, J. (n.d.). The 9 Best Online French Classes of 2020.